Club Scion tC

Forum Utilities
More Engine Mods Threads
Viewing Thread

Looking for the best tuner for my TC

• 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • May 14, 2018 1:36:58 pm
    Okay guys I've been out of the tuner game for a long time and I just recently picked up my baby. Unfortunately I don't have the money to go and put a turbo on it right now so I'm looking to do a good engine tune for a few extra horsepower can anybody recommend the best tuner for the TC
    • May 18, 2018 6:45:52 am
    • Edited 2 times, last by antiks on May 18, 2018 6:49:47am.
    Hoosierscion wrote:
    Okay guys I've been out of the tuner game for a long time and I just recently picked up my baby. Unfortunately I don't have the money to go and put a turbo on it right now so I'm looking to do a good engine tune for a few extra horsepower can anybody recommend the best tuner for the TC

Don't even bother wasting your money on a tune. You won't gain anything just buy asking some tuner to tune your engine. Only way to gain more power is either going turbo or supercharger or going N/A meaning you would need to rebuild your engine with better cams, header, cai, exhasut, etc. and at most you will only be pushing 200hp if done right. Even if you went with the most basic of bolt ons you would only gain 5hp at the most. These cars aren't really bolt on friendly. They're just for appearance. BUt There is no cheap option to gain power on this car. My suggestion is start saving and do it right the first time around.
    • May 18, 2018 6:10:21 pm
    • Edited 1 times, last by MR_LUV on May 18, 2018 6:10:56pm.
    Hoosierscion wrote:
    Okay guys I've been out of the tuner game for a long time and I just recently picked up my baby. Unfortunately I don't have the money to go and put a turbo on it right now so I'm looking to do a good engine tune for a few extra horsepower can anybody recommend the best tuner for the tC

I don't have a Engine Tune recommendation for you.
    IMHO, the 'Best Bang for the Buck" is a TRD Cold Air Intake.

Check out my Dyno Results:

TRD Cold Air Intake Dyno Result

YMMV.

• 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: