Forum Utilities
More Detailing Threads
Viewing Thread

What is the best Wax???

• 51 posts
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
    • Jan 20, 2008 1:33:03 pm
    So i think i've just about had it with going to a car wash to get my car clean. Every time i go, i see how they dont care about how they scratch other cars. I have 1 tiny scratch at the bottom of the car thats barely noticable and i dont want anymore.
    I wash my car w/ mr. clean auto dry which is great! but i dont know what type of wax is the best wax to use for her.
    Anyone got any ideas?
    • Jan 20, 2008 2:04:53 pm
    The best wax I think is the three step wax that Meguiers sells. Each step took me about a hour but the cars comes out amazing.
    • Jan 20, 2008 3:00:58 pm
    all that i use at my shop is meguiar's
    • Jan 20, 2008 3:05:12 pm
    Megiuar's gold class is awesome.

• Jan 20, 2008 3:10:20 pm
    ALL HAIL MEGUIARS!!!!!!!!
    • Jan 20, 2008 5:25:54 pm
    I hear you on this one. I stopped using car washes about 2 years ago. I wash my car myself. Its better for your cars paint in the long run.

As for waxes, it really depends on your preference as as well. There are liquid waxes, paste waxes, and spray waxes. Which ever one you prefer my suggestion would be its a Meguiar's brand because thats all I use, and their products rule all

What Mayo suggested is an exellent choice, but it is kind of pricey. I believe they run for about $12. If you're looking for something a little less expensive I would suggest is Meguiar's COLORx which is a polish and wax (good for those lil scratches you have now and also good for brighting the color of your car) or Meguiar's Cleaner Wax, both products go for about $7 a piece.
    • Jan 20, 2008 7:18:22 pm
    Thanks guys for the info! i am deinately gonna go get the maguiars in kmart tomorrow. I think it should probably be the cheapest place to get it at
    • Jan 20, 2008 9:25:33 pm
    tC_vixen wrote:
    I hear you on this one. I stopped using car washes about 2 years ago. I wash my car myself. Its better for your cars paint in the long run.

As for waxes, it really depends on your preference as as well. There are liquid waxes, paste waxes, and spray waxes. Which ever one you prefer my suggestion would be its a Meguiar's brand because thats all I use, and their products rule all

What Mayo suggested is an exellent choice, but it is kind of pricey. I believe they run for about $12. If you're looking for something a little less expensive I would suggest is Meguiar's COLORx which is a polish and wax (good for those lil scratches you have now and also good for brighting the color of your car) or Meguiar's Cleaner Wax, both products go for about $7 a piece.

How does this Meguiar’s COLORx compare to the Meguiar’s NXT Tech Wax

• Jan 20, 2008 9:28:11 pm
    armygirl718 wrote:
    So i think i've just about had it with going to a car wash to get my car clean. Every time i go, i see how they dont care about how they scratch other cars. I have 1 tiny scratch at the bottom of the car thats barely noticable and i dont want anymore.
    I wash my car w/ mr. clean auto dry which is great! but i dont know what type of wax is the best wax to use for her.
    Anyone got any ideas?

ahhh kris!! i could've told you not to go to a car wash lol. especially the paint on your cars are very sensitive.

like mayo said, meguiars is good. ive used them for a while. but now i use mothers. i'll give you a lil demonstration tmrw when i see you =P
    • Jan 20, 2008 9:58:35 pm
    tC_Whip08 wrote:

ColorX is great, but it doesn't compare to something like NXT wax. ColorX is more of a polish.

I got a review of it here: http://www.clubsciontc.co...d=12532&page=1#167298
    • Jan 20, 2008 10:55:39 pm
    tC_Whip08 wrote:
    tC_vixen wrote:

Yea, like Mayo said its more of a polish mixed with wax. Good for scratches or swirls caused by car washes while also providing the shine of waxing. The NXT Tech Wax is best used as a protectant coat. A lot of people like to use it in the summer to protect your car's paint from catching sun and becoming dull.
    • Jan 20, 2008 11:50:54 pm
    And the NXT is great at making the car look shiny and brand new too!! Def cant complain bout that. Its expensive but is really great stuff!! It lasted me about a year and a half wit out waxing it and is still got that soft touch to it!!
    • Jan 20, 2008 11:54:37 pm
    I take my car to the car wash but I go to the touchless ones, works out really good for me, but most of the time I like handwashing my car...
    • Jan 21, 2008 4:09:37 am
    i dont care how cold it it today i think i'm going to go out and buy me that wax tonight and work on my car. No price is too expensive for our cars if you think about it...cause we already spent so much money buying em! lol thanks
    i'll cya tonight marc! maybe u can help me wax hehehe
    • Jan 21, 2008 11:04:29 am
    moved thread from market place to detailing forum
    • Jan 21, 2008 11:44:51 am
    armygirl718 wrote:
    i dont care how cold it it today i think i'm going to go out and buy me that wax tonight and work on my car. No price is too expensive for our cars if you think about it...cause we already spent so much money buying em! lol thanks
    i'll cya tonight marc! maybe u can help me wax hehehe

Very true. I just think both products work well enough, might as well go for the bargain
    • Jan 21, 2008 11:52:33 am
    I've also used the Meguire's 3 Stage. It takes an awful long time, but really does an amazing job on the car.
    • Jan 21, 2008 2:33:46 pm
    FrAnkRYzzO wrote:
    moved thread from market place to detailing forum

lol, working fast there super-mod, aren't cha?
    • Jan 22, 2008 12:33:18 am
    http://www.adamspolishes.com/
    Adams wax is some of the best wax i have ever seen !

http://www.smartwax.com/
    I hear SmartWax is good too .

These 2 and Meguiars NXT wax are the only ones i will use !
Tags: best is the wax what
  • 51 posts
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Jump to Forum: