Club Scion tC

Image Issues Fixed
We made some changes when migrating the site from one AWS account to another, and this resulted in some ill-configured images in various parts of the site. We have fixed the problem. You may need to clear browser cache to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

2010 tC premium Pioneer radio amp location

• 9 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    I've tried searching the web and this forum for this question and can't find a proper answer. Can anybody please tell me if the 2010 tC premium Pioneer system has a factory amp, and if I'm installing a 5 channel amp do I need to bypass the amp (if one is factory installed). I'm sorry to have to ask this, but I've googled searched and I've found the 2006 doesn't, but nothing about the 2010. Any help would be greatly appreciated please.
    Mganhs wrote:
    I've tried searching the web and this forum for this question and can't find a proper answer. Can anybody please tell me if the 2010 tC premium Pioneer system has a factory amp, and if I'm installing a 5 channel amp do I need to bypass the amp (if one is factory installed). I'm sorry to have to ask this, but I've googled searched and I've found the 2006 doesn't, but nothing about the 2010. Any help would be greatly appreciated please.

I know in the SE United States, they had a special amp offering, and I think they either mounted it in the trunk or under the passenger seat. The amplifier, Im talking about. The SE area has a special distributor agreement, goes back years with Toyota's franchising. They kind of do their own thing in that area. Check those areas and I think the rca line out jacks on the back of the amp would lead you to the premium amp if you still have it installed.
    Thank you for the reply. I've already pulled head unit and there weren't any RCA's ran. I guess I'll just try my luck when I go to install the amp and if I get no sound then I know they're amplified. I really do appreciate the help.
    Mganhs wrote:
    Thank you for the reply. I've already pulled head unit and there weren't any RCA's ran. I guess I'll just try my luck when I go to install the amp and if I get no sound then I know they're amplified. I really do appreciate the help.

ya if you can't find any amp under the passenger seat, or even the drivers seat, and there's nothing in the trunk.. Then it's not there. Plus you were saying no RCA's run, ya doesn't sound like there is one there. I don't recall or think there was any speaker-level inputs used back then for any premium "stock" amp. Hey no problem, ya I know it's dead around here, but there's a couple of us who do post here. Let us know how it goes..
    Will do, thank you very much! I know I'm in the game late on the car and forum, but I love this car. Wish I could find someone that could do the led change on the instrument cluster. I don't trust my soldering skills.
    Mganhs wrote:
    Will do, thank you very much! I know I'm in the game late on the car and forum, but I love this car. Wish I could find someone that could do the led change on the instrument cluster. I don't trust my soldering skills.

ya some of us are still hanging onto our tCs after the scion brand ended a couple years ago. you're right, for those of us that have the tC we love it! I plan on keeping it til the wheels fall off! lol.. I know about the LED instrument color change the surface mount LED's are not easy, it does require a very fine soldering tip and some magnifying glasses! It's better you not try it if you don't trust your skills. For me I wouldn't suggest I do this for people, since really I don't want to be liable for their property.. sucks, but true.
    Sorry to bug you, but I was wondering if you might be able to help me. I've posted this on a few forums but no answer. I tried to install my double din Kenwood DMX 125BT. It powers on, but there's no sound. I'm using the Metra wire harness and connected all the wires to each color (I used to install stereo's back in the early 00's, so I know a little about stereo installing), but there's no sound. I'm tempted to not install my amp if it sounds good. I'm getting old now, and I don't want a too much bass.i have a Pioneer 5 channel amp I got in sale. Is a pretty decent amp, plus a cheap Skar 10" sub. I've looked for factory amp under the passenger seat and didn't see one. I have the good Pioneer radio, but I'm my time the only cars that had factory amps were BMW's and whatnot. I feel like a idiot but being able to get this to work. I called a local audio shop about installing the radio, but they want $120. That's a bit ridiculous imo. You have any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Longer I said, I color coded all the wires, hooked up blue remote turn on to the blue power antenna wire. Any help is appreciated, and I'm really grateful for your response and help.
    Mganhs wrote:
    Sorry to bug you, but I was wondering if you might be able to help me. I've posted this on a few forums but no answer. I tried to install my double din Kenwood DMX 125BT. It powers on, but there's no sound. I'm using the Metra wire harness and connected all the wires to each color (I used to install stereo's back in the early 00's, so I know a little about stereo installing), but there's no sound. I'm tempted to not install my amp if it sounds good. I'm getting old now, and I don't want a too much bass.i have a Pioneer 5 channel amp I got in sale. Is a pretty decent amp, plus a cheap Skar 10" sub. I've looked for factory amp under the passenger seat and didn't see one. I have the good Pioneer radio, but I'm my time the only cars that had factory amps were BMW's and whatnot. I feel like a idiot but being able to get this to work. I called a local audio shop about installing the radio, but they want $120. That's a bit ridiculous imo. You have any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Longer I said, I color coded all the wires, hooked up blue remote turn on to the blue power antenna wire. Any help is appreciated, and I'm really grateful for your response and help.

you know how they say that the most simple answer is usually the one you overlook? well.. on the stock radio, the speakers worked, right? had audio playing through them.. I know it's obvious, but start there.. Because why did it work with the factory headunit but it doesn't now? so go back through and find what is changed/different. Take the wiring plug from the kenwood while it's plugged into the metra factory adapter and test with a multimeter to see that you have continuity on each wire. If you find a break in continuity then check each harness individually.. Never know, might have a bad connection there. And no you don't need to spend $120. I bet it's something simple.
    Yeah, because of work schedule, weather, lack of motivation and whatnot lol, I haven't tried to mess around with it again. I thought that it might of been a factory amp or something to why I wasn't getting sound. I bought the unit new, one ran deck power for a very short time before I got my 5 channel amp. I really want to avoid pulling the panels off unless I have to. Don't want them to be all loose. Ultimately since I'm installing my amp, I figured it wasn't worth looking into. As for the install, it's either hook up to the factory speaker wire connection, or run through the door grommet if there is a amp and I can't figure out the speaker wire color code to bypass. I'm hoping to be able to hit from the speaker wire. Then it'll be a real simple install. After looking in the net, I'm going to mount the amp to a board and set it in the spare tire well. I thought about replacing the stock sub with the Kicker 6.75" shallow mount sub and running my amp to it bypassing the factory amp, but I'm not sure how that sound and I don't have the spare $110 for the sub. So I'll stick with the cheap Skar 10" sub I have. I can't find the Elemental Design stealth box that people used to talk about. I really would like to keep the rear space open. I read the Bazooka enclosure doesn't sound that good, and you have trouble getting to the spare tire with it. Plus I'm not trying to be really loud. I've been there done that. I just want a other bump in the trunk. Lol thanks for the response. I know there's a lot to do, it's a matter of time, money, and motivation.
  • 9 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: