Club Scion tC

Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

What is next!! :)

• 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Apr 23, 2017 6:50:27 pm
    Hey Guys,

I have been apart of this site since last year of August and didn't get a chance to make any good friends. I am hoping to change that because I would love to have more car enthusiasts in my life as I am a big one and would love to form a group of friends that turn more into a family. I am still waiting and hoping for it. So if you would like to become friends with me. Don't hesitate to message me!!

Anyway, it doesn't seem much but I have spent alot of money and time on my baby already (scion tc 200 and now I don't know what I would like to do next. I am thinking of purchasing a new front bumper but I also am looking into cold air/short ram intake (recommended by my only car friend lol) but I honestly don't know what path to take. I am still fairly new with modifications so feel free to educate me!

I am so happy as I see my baby transform into more of a "racecar" it is so satisfying and I love it. I never want to get rid of my tC no matter how many times my parents call it a junk car. (did not come from a car family unfortunately)

Feel free to leave comments, ideas, and suggestions of what you think.

Thanks,
    Joanne
    • Apr 23, 2017 8:12:06 pm
    Welcome back! Always happy to see members show back up, sometimes life gets in the way. It's all good! You don't know where to start? Well, what do you want to do with your tC? For me the first mod I made was get better tires, same stock size, just something better.

I had my tC come with the TRD front strut tower brace, it made a lot of difference in the sunroof squeaking/rattling/etc.. It's been since 06 that I've had that and it's not corroded at all! Love that powder coating!

I'll be installing the TRD rear sway bar whenever I get the time to get that done. I've heard it really tightens up the suspension/handling. Based on what I felt holding it, it's a much stronger part than the stock rear sway bar.

I've gotten rid of the stock pads and put on porterfield's R4-S (street) carbon kevlar performance pad! Much better stopping! I replaced the Toyota brake rotors/discs with Bosch quietcast rotors. Excellent quality even if they are made in china! isn't everything now? lol.

just some stuff I've done. I'll be replacing the speakers inside soon too. The stock are getting tired after 11 years.. wow that went quickly!
    • Apr 24, 2017 8:51:32 am
    I don't know. I haven't really gave much thought into it. Like it seems a lot of people come up with such creative ideas for their cars. But for
    me it seems I just want to do my best in keeping the car clean as possible and letting it look plain and simple on the outside. I still have maintenance work to do on it. Such as the front and rear structs needs to be replaced, shocks, sway bars, the hood paint is ruined by a touch up
    paint I tried to use to cover up tiny dents (so now need to repair whole hood or I can just cover it up with vinyl design)

I guess I just want my car to be able to represent my own personality? And I have thought of themes for it. But not too sure.
    • Apr 25, 2017 8:55:05 am
    Personally, I chose to do more performance oriented mods before going to the exterior things. I recommend a short ram intake if your looking for a slight gain and to hear some engine noise. You'll pick up more of a gain if you do an intake the exhaust. But it's all in your personal preferences
    • Apr 26, 2017 11:44:17 pm
    There are so many different options it's hard to begin. I have worked on the exterior to my liking. I am hesitant to do any performance mods just because I have the new car warranty along with the 12 yr/120,000 warranty. However I do want a beefier rear sway. So you have to ask yourself if you want a couple more horses or a cool looking front bumper? Check out some of the profiles and their mods. It will help you decide which is your next mod.

Welcome back!!
Tags: is next what
  • 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: