Club Scion tC

Club Scion tC redesign almost here!
It's been a while, CStC fam! CStC will soon be migrating to an entirely new backend in the next few months! We are finally looking for anyone interested in testing the new system before we go live. Contact SqMK for details!
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

Best Way to Remove Oil Filter on 2014 Scion tC

• 6 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Apr 13, 2017 3:27:56 pm
    Hey guys,

I am new to this forum, I own a 2014 Scion tC and am gonna DIY an oil change I realized the oil filter is at the bottom and that you need to remove it with a certain tool? Does anyone know if I need this tool and what that specific too is?

Thanks!
    • Apr 13, 2017 4:35:38 pm
    Yes there is a special tool. hopefully my description is good enough for you
    this is a round tool that fits on a rachet wrench it has slots tht fit it slots oil filter cap
    • Apr 13, 2017 7:20:57 pm
    hey critter.. you mean like this one? This is what I have, one of the best tools I have. Makes the oil change so much easier..

http://www.autozone.com/s...-filter-wrench/297190_0_0
    • Apr 13, 2017 9:26:59 pm
    Welcome to the club Jay Jay!!
    • Apr 13, 2017 10:25:18 pm
    Ok so essentially this is the tool I'm looking for in order to remove the oil filter? Awesome! Thanks!
    • Apr 14, 2017 12:29:47 am
    • Edited 1 times, last by sciontc_mich on Apr 14, 2017 12:30:07am.
    jayjay28 wrote:
    Ok so essentially this is the tool I'm looking for in order to remove the oil filter? Awesome! Thanks!

hey you're welcome! and yup, all I do is use a 3/8" drive extension onto the ratchet and just break the oil filter loose. That way I don't get oil all over the extension/ratchet, just spin it off by hand. let the gloves I'm wearing get all the oil on them. But it's a great tool, just put it on manually, the sides are spring loaded to fit a variety of filter sizes. This one (at my link) fits the tC's oil filter perfectly. I've been using it for over 10 years now. Wow it's been that long!

oh and yeah I echo what yotagirl said.. welcome to cstc.
  • 6 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: