Club Scion tC

Forum Utilities
More Anything Goes Threads
Viewing Thread

A Thank You and Farewell

• 16 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Jun 26, 2017 6:17:56 pm
    Well, there always comes a time when we have to move on to bigger and better things.

I decided it was time to move on from the tC. I had fully intended to keep it for much longer. But issues started stacking up (oil consumption being the main culprit), and it made sense to just invest in another car instead of dumping a ton of money into the poor tC.

Don't get me wrong, I really loved the car. But I needed more MPG, more room, and I didn't want to worry if all my oil had burned away. (No, I wasn't burning enough oil for the extended warranty engine replacement, and that warranty was about to expire for me anyways).

Anyways, I just wanted to thank you guys for being a great community. This site has sure helped me a lot, and it's been great seeing what you all do with your cars, and the support you've given me on mine.

I won't post them on here (too much hassle to ship), but I have some of my aftermarket parts for sale.

If you live in the Las Cruces, NM or El Paso, TX area, check Craigslist for my XXR wheels, RGB halo headlights, and my Anzo tails.

Farewell fellow tC owners! It was a nice stay!
    • Jun 26, 2017 9:34:12 pm
    camismacho wrote:
    Well, there always comes a time when we have to move on to bigger and better things.

I decided it was time to move on from the tC. I had fully intended to keep it for much longer. But issues started stacking up (oil consumption being the main culprit), and it made sense to just invest in another car instead of dumping a ton of money into the poor tC.

Don't get me wrong, I really loved the car. But I needed more MPG, more room, and I didn't want to worry if all my oil had burned away. (No, I wasn't burning enough oil for the extended warranty engine replacement, and that warranty was about to expire for me anyways).

Anyways, I just wanted to thank you guys for being a great community. This site has sure helped me a lot, and it's been great seeing what you all do with your cars, and the support you've given me on mine.

I won't post them on here (too much hassle to ship), but I have some of my aftermarket parts for sale.

If you live in the Las Cruces, NM or El Paso, TX area, check Craigslist for my XXR wheels, RGB halo headlights, and my Anzo tails.

Farewell fellow tC owners! It was a nice stay!

ohh nooo camismacho!! you're leaving.. This is a sad day.. But I understand with the oil consumption it might get worse down the road and cause you more headache. You're most welcome for the help (I'm sure I helped sometime). I wish you well in your journey called life! Before you go I am curious, what are you planning on replacing the tC with?
    • Jun 27, 2017 5:11:57 am
    sciontc_mich wrote:
    ohh nooo camismacho!! you're leaving.. This is a sad day.. But I understand with the oil consumption it might get worse down the road and cause you more headache. You're most welcome for the help (I'm sure I helped sometime). I wish you well in your journey called life! Before you go I am curious, what are you planning on replacing the tC with?

It's been replaced by a 2016 Hyundai Sonata. Super comfy, reliable, and 38 mpg
    • Jun 28, 2017 10:42:07 pm
    It is sad to see you go, however I do understand. You will be missed! I hope that you will stop in every now and again. I wish you good luck in the future!!

You have to post a pic of your new ride.
    • Jun 29, 2017 8:41:12 am
    • Edited 1 times, last by camismacho on Jun 29, 2017 8:45:16am.
    As requested, here's a pic of the new ride. Blue is my favorite color, so I had to get this car! Just got it tinted yesterday (yes, I still love my dark tint lol). Loving this car so far, but I do miss the tC a little.

Also tried the XXRs on it for teh lels. Looks weird, but all in good fun. Excuse the dirtiness, I get a lot of dust storms where I live.

• Jun 29, 2017 8:43:21 am
    wow that *IS* an awesome color! and 38mpg, you cannot complain about that! thanks for the picture!
    • Jun 29, 2017 8:50:19 am
    Thanks m8! Yup I sure do love the fuel economy! It's got Eco and Sport driving modes that change up the shifting and throttle response depending on how I want it to drive, really neat. Plus it's so roomy and comfy inside! I'm still getting used to not hearing the engine lol. 1.5 years with a catless exhaust going to near silence is a huge change haha.
    • Jun 29, 2017 10:06:12 pm
    camismacho wrote:
    Thanks m8! Yup I sure do love the fuel economy! It's got Eco and Sport driving modes that change up the shifting and throttle response depending on how I want it to drive, really neat. Plus it's so roomy and comfy inside! I'm still getting used to not hearing the engine lol. 1.5 years with a catless exhaust going to near silence is a huge change haha.

xxr's actually look good on that car, I didn't even notice until you mentioned it! and dusty? it looks good even dusty! nice paint job, is that made here or korea?

hahah catless on the tC and now a stock exhaust, yeah I can imagine you can actually hear yourself think now! lol.. serenity now?! lol..
    • Jun 30, 2017 12:48:25 am
    Sad as well to see you go bud. But understandably so. Do what's best for you bud. Take care and drive safely.
    • Jun 30, 2017 4:39:50 am
    sciontc_mich wrote:
    xxr's actually look good on that car, I didn't even notice until you mentioned it! and dusty? it looks good even dusty! nice paint job, is that made here or korea?

hahah catless on the tC and now a stock exhaust, yeah I can imagine you can actually hear yourself think now! lol.. serenity now?! lol..

It's made in Korea. I have a thing for Hyundai's to be completely honest. My first car was a 2003 Tiburon, and my mom had a Sonata back in 2011. So I do love KDM goodness.

And yes, I can actually hear myself think in my car! I have to drive 2 hours to visit my mom, which I do pretty often. The loudness of the tC definitely made the drive more stressful. Now I can finally relax and actually enjoy driving lol.
    • Jul 04, 2017 7:57:12 am
    camismacho wrote:
    It's made in Korea. I have a thing for Hyundai's to be completely honest. My first car was a 2003 Tiburon, and my mom had a Sonata back in 2011. So I do love KDM goodness.

And yes, I can actually hear myself think in my car! I have to drive 2 hours to visit my mom, which I do pretty often. The loudness of the tC definitely made the drive more stressful. Now I can finally relax and actually enjoy driving lol.

it's ok that you like hyundai, we'll get you some professional help! You know if you look at the tiburon you can tell that scion copied parts of that car. The c-pillar, the rear tail lights. It's not a 100% copy but it's close enough to say it is a copy. The front end of the tc1 is definitely bmw headlights, and an audi grille.

hahah glad you can actually hear yourself think now! I just got done with my project civic car, intermediate pipe rusted, so I was driving straight pipe! Without even focusing on the lack of back pressure which caused a loss of power, the sound level! On the highway?!? lol.. Talk about needing ear plugs! relaxing? HA!! no not at all.

• Jul 05, 2017 9:46:57 pm
    sciontc_mich wrote:
    camismacho wrote:

it's ok that you like hyundai, we'll get you some professional help! You know if you look at the tiburon you can tell that scion copied parts of that car. The c-pillar, the rear tail lights. It's not a 100% copy but it's close enough to say it is a copy. The front end of the tc1 is definitely bmw headlights, and an audi grille.

hahah glad you can actually hear yourself think now! I just got done with my project civic car, intermediate pipe rusted, so I was driving straight pipe! Without even focusing on the lack of back pressure which caused a loss of power, the sound level! On the highway?!? lol.. Talk about needing ear plugs! relaxing? HA!! no not at all.

LOL professional help. It is definitely a nice looking ride. Hyundai has some nice vehicles and they are building a good reputation. Now you can sneak up on someone and they won't hear you coming or have the radio at a normal volume (naw).

Are you going to mod her?
    • Jul 06, 2017 5:39:08 am
    yotagirl wrote:
    LOL professional help. It is definitely a nice looking ride. Hyundai has some nice vehicles and they are building a good reputation. Now you can sneak up on someone and they won't hear you coming or have the radio at a normal volume (naw).

I don't think I'll do too much to this one. The exterior I only want to do HIDs, maybe a badgeless grille. As for the inside, just a full LED swap and probably upgrade the speakers with a small sub. But that's really it.

The tC had definitely become a cop magnet with all the mods I had on it. I'd constantly get followed around in my hometown because they were waiting to catch me speeding (I always go under the speed limit in my hometown). Plus it was easy to recognize my car with the exhaust, gold wheels, halos, and illegal tint.

So I definitely want to keep the Sonata looking "civilian" if that makes sense. Later on I plan to get a WRX or STI and that'll be my modding car lol.
    • Jul 07, 2017 4:19:16 pm
    • Edited 1 times, last by MR_LUV on Jul 08, 2017 7:09:07am.
    camismacho wrote:
    The tC had definitely become a cop magnet with all the mods I had on it. I'd constantly get followed around in my hometown because they were waiting to catch me speeding (I always go under the speed limit in my hometown). Plus it was easy to recognize my car with the exhaust, gold wheels, halos, and illegal tint.

Ha! You don't know what a cop magnet is until you drive a LUVMOBILE/BATMOBILE/GIANTSMOBILE!

• Jul 08, 2017 12:39:16 am
    camismacho wrote:
    yotagirl wrote:

I don't think I'll do too much to this one. The exterior I only want to do HIDs, maybe a badgeless grille. As for the inside, just a full LED swap and probably upgrade the speakers with a small sub. But that's really it.

So I definitely want to keep the Sonata looking "civilian" if that makes sense. Later on I plan to get a WRX or STI and that'll be my modding car lol.

Yes that makes perfect sense. My 4Runner is stock, except illegal tint. Getting harassed by the cops gets annoying, especially if you are running late and slip up. Having a toy to cruise every now and again is worth it.
    • Jul 08, 2017 12:39:55 am
    MR_LUV wrote:
    camismacho wrote:

Ha! You don't know what a cop magnet is until you drive a LUVMOBILE/BATMOBILE/GIANTSMOBILE!

You definitely have a head turner!!!
  • 16 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: