Forum Utilities
More Anything Goes Threads
Viewing Thread

2015 POS

• 6 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Jan 23, 2018 5:41:09 pm
    Alright, long story here.

I bought a brand new 2015 tC in September 2015.
    I have had nothing but problems ever since!

Before it even hit 10,000 Miles, the transmission had to be replaced. Thank god I bought new so it was covered under warranty.
    I’ve had belts fray and have to be replaced way before they should need to be.
    The fuel pump had to be replaced before it hit 40,000 Miles. Thank god I purchased separate warranties because after 36,000 it wouldn’t have been covered.
    I don’t feel safe driving this car out of town because the last time I did, my trans went out.
    Something is constantly going wrong with the car, I’m in the dealership every couple months on top of when I take it in for oil changes.
    What are my options here?! I’ve contacted the dealership, I was given an estimate on trading it in. They offered me $8500 and I still owe $10500. I have a case open with Toyota themselves. They’re researching to see my rights and all that. I put this damn thing on Craigslist but i don’t wanna sell a piece of sh** to some kid around here.
    Anyone else have issues with their tC?
    I’ve researched the lemon law and it’s basically if the problems are unrepairabke. Well what if it’s everything going wrong?!
    • Jan 23, 2018 9:37:54 pm
    Presolahhh wrote:

Before it even hit 10,000 Miles, the transmission had to be replaced. Thank god I bought new so it was covered under warranty.
    The fuel pump had to be replaced before it hit 40,000 Miles. Thank god I purchased separate warranties because after 36,000 it wouldn’t have been covered.
    I don’t feel safe driving this car out of town because the last time I did, my trans went out.
    Something is constantly going wrong with the car, I’m in the dealership every couple months on top of when I take it in for oil changes.
    What are my options here?! I’ve contacted the dealership, I was given an estimate on trading it in. They offered me $8500 and I still owe $10500. I have a case open with Toyota themselves. They’re researching to see my rights and all that. I put this damn thing on Craigslist but i don’t wanna sell a piece of sh** to some kid around here.
    I’ve researched the lemon law and it’s basically if the problems are unrepairabke. Well what if it’s everything going wrong?!

My first thought was bad luck.. but this sounds more like incompetent work from that dealer's mechanics.. Could be sabotage. Personally I had a car that the dealer's mechanics wanted so they did sabotage my car. I could see where there had damaged things trying to make me give up the car. Lots of crazy people out there. I remember another car was always having one problem after another, until it was taken to another shop and they fixed everything never had another problem.. Since staying away from that shop who was trying to get a perpetual customer.

Why not try another dealer or shop? Maybe look up reviews or talk to people you know.

Who knows what Toyota will find, because I can bet that Toyota didn't get the drivebelt back to examine it.. they most likely did get the transmission back. The fuel pump can be destroyed if it's run low on fuel. That's any car.

so my opionion.. take the car somewhere else, (if you can't do your own oil changes) and watch the problems magically stop. Not to sing Toyota praises but the reality is, the tc2 (2nd generation) didn't have that much wrong with it. Truedelta.com I believe it is, that guy compiles real data from members to plot reliability, maybe join for free and check out what others have been seeing with the repairs of your 15 tC. Like areas that were trouble areas.

but again.. another shop I'm thinking is your cure.
    • Jan 26, 2018 4:47:23 pm
    sciontc_mich wrote:
    Presolahhh wrote:

My first thought was bad luck.. but this sounds more like incompetent work from that dealer's mechanics.. Could be sabotage. Personally I had a car that the dealer's mechanics wanted so they did sabotage my car. I could see where there had damaged things trying to make me give up the car. Lots of crazy people out there. I remember another car was always having one problem after another, until it was taken to another shop and they fixed everything never had another problem.. Since staying away from that shop who was trying to get a perpetual customer.

Why not try another dealer or shop? Maybe look up reviews or talk to people you know.

Who knows what Toyota will find, because I can bet that Toyota didn't get the drivebelt back to examine it.. they most likely did get the transmission back. The fuel pump can be destroyed if it's run low on fuel. That's any car.

so my opionion.. take the car somewhere else, (if you can't do your own oil changes) and watch the problems magically stop. Not to sing Toyota praises but the reality is, the tc2 (2nd generation) didn't have that much wrong with it. Truedelta.com I believe it is, that guy compiles real data from members to plot reliability, maybe join for free and check out what others have been seeing with the repairs of your 15 tC. Like areas that were trouble areas.

but again.. another shop I'm thinking is your cure.

I agree with Mich, get a 2nd opinion. There are bad dealers out there. I really hope Toyota can help you out. Did you get the extended 12 yr warranty? Keep us posted please. I am sorry we had to meet under these circumstances.
    • Jan 26, 2018 10:57:47 pm
    • Edited 1 times, last by MR_LUV on Jan 26, 2018 11:30:31pm.
    Hi! I'm really Sorry to hear about all the problems you have with your 2015 tC. I bought mine New in April 2015 and coming up on 3 years with it. Fortunately, I have not had any problems with it. I am Semi-Retired and have only 21k miles on it. I have good luck with the reliability with all my Toyotas since 1989. Perhaps you have a 'Monday' car?

In his 1971 book Wheels, Arthur Hailey claims that cars that were primarily assembled on a Monday or Friday would suffer from quality problems due to worker performance/absenteeism issues associated with those days. A Widely held belief, there are folks at Snopes curious about it (and repeat they have heard this from some un-named source), as well as other random internet forums discussing this "fact". And in 1979, Vance Muse wrote a book called "Don't buy a car made on Monday" which appears to be an advice book.

Can't say for sure, but, there is a possibility you have a Lemon. That's why there are Lemon Laws covering cars under certain circumstances.

There is no way anyone on a Online Forum can tell you the current mechanical condition of your car. That is why we suggest you get a 2nd or even a 3rd Independent Professional opinion. That is the only way you can make a reasonable decision as to whether keep the car or cut your losses and get another car.

MR_LUV

• Jan 28, 2018 8:38:33 pm
    so any update??
    • Feb 01, 2018 10:39:05 pm
    guess this was a one-done post.. just wanted to complain without actually getting any real answers.. lol.
Tags: 2015 pos
  • 6 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: