Guest Menu
Forum Utilities
More Transmission / Drivetrain Threads
Viewing Thread

Cannot shift between selection with automatic transmission

• 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Dec 31, 2009 3:34:53 pm
    Okay, so the other day my car locked up when I tried to leave a gas station. After pressing the brake to move the knob, it wouldn't budge. I've read another forum on this site that deals with almost the same exact thing. I checked the brake fuse and it was blown. I figured that this originally caused the problem. But after replacing the fuse, the brake lights work again, but the knob still won't shift. Apparently there's a brake switch of some sort near the brake pedal that will fix this problem, but I can't find it. Any help?
    • Jan 01, 2010 2:20:06 pm
    Have you tried to use the botton on the shifter that disengages the lock for the shifter. You just stick a flathead in that small slot and try to move the shifter...if you read the manuel it will tell you that if it ever gets stuck to try this...Just look in it to find more info on this problem. I use it when I have to pull the waterfall out b/c I put a shift boot on it and it has to be in N or D to come off properly.
    • Jan 01, 2010 7:09:20 pm
    yeah it doesn't work. I actually took the whole assembly apart and found out that the override thing is broken. thats why it doesn't work properly. But it shouldn't affect the way the actual mechanism works. I'm just still stuck for now. And I don't have a manual because the car didn't come with one. Any others ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. thanks
  • 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: