Guest Menu
Forum Utilities
More Scion News and Discussion Threads
Viewing Thread

Maintenance light on

• 10 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • May 27, 2007 7:13:05 am
    I put an intake in my car at 4100 miles then at 4500 the light came on. I figured it was just to change the oil but i did now and its still on. what do you guys think?
    • May 27, 2007 7:16:39 am
    It comes on at a set mileage, doesn't really mean that there's something wrong with the car. It's basically just reminding you to get an oil change.
    • May 27, 2007 7:17:58 am
    i changed it yesterday and its still been on does it go off at a set mileage also?
    • May 27, 2007 7:38:57 am
    Yes it turns on at a preset amount of miles that can be changed when you reset the maint req light. Look for the "Chicken Dances" thread to find out how to turn the light off and set it
    • May 27, 2007 7:41:09 am
    Yeah, I need to find out... I do my own service so my light has been on for the past 10,000 miles.... it's annoying.
    • May 27, 2007 7:45:22 am
    B. Set the interval for -maintenance required- lightApparently this -feature- is for those that forget to change their oil. The maintenance required light will illuminate to remind people to get their cars checked up, and to annoy me.
    1. Make sure odometer (not trip meter) is active before starting
    2. Press and hold the trip meter reset button
    3. Turn key to -on- position - do not start the car just turn the key
    4. The odometer readout will begin a countdown of dashes. It is assumed that the number of dashes each represent 1000 miles.
    5. Release the trip meter reset button at the desired number of dashes. The dashes count down quickly and you only get one shot at it unless you want to go through this process again, so be ready to let go.
    6. -0000- is then displayed. I assume this is to show you that the meter has been reset.
    C. Clear the -Maintenace Required- light
    Clears the -Maintenace Required- light if the person changing your oil forgot to do the above step.
    1. Turn key to -on- position - do not start the car just turn the key
    2. Reset both trip meters
    3. Hold in the trip reset button and start the car
    4. Keep holding button until -maintenance required- light disappears
    • May 27, 2007 8:01:17 am
    ^ awesome! thanks
    • May 27, 2007 10:12:39 am
    thx a lot man i didnt know how but i figured when i changed the oil it would turn off itself. 1 more question, how long do you think i should go between oil changes im usin mobile 1 synthetic.
    • May 27, 2007 10:20:22 am
    kharv23 wrote:
    thx a lot man i didnt know how but i figured when i changed the oil it would turn off itself. 1 more question, how long do you think i should go between oil changes im usin mobile 1 synthetic.

The last time I had Mobil 1 Sythetic and changed it after 7,500 miles, the oil was deep dark and really really dirty. I don't think I'll do that again.

6,000 miles IMO.

All conventional should be 3,000 miles even though the manufacturer says 5,000 miles. It's not official, just my opinion.
    • May 27, 2007 12:26:16 pm
    yea my friend told me that once u start usin synthetic its not good to go back which is fine because everyone says synthetic is a lot better but twice the price so i need to figure out when to change it. 6000 is perfect that means the price isnt really doubled cuz im changin half as often. thanks
  • 10 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: