Forum Utilities
More Scion News and Discussion Threads
Viewing Thread

Keyless entry beep

• 14 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • May 11, 2006 7:21:28 am
    Hi, Im new to the forum with a FM Tc.

The question I have: is there a way to enable a beep when you lock or unlock the doors, like found on regular toyotas?

I can almost never tell if I locked the car or not.

Thanks!

My name is Nick BTW
    • May 11, 2006 10:15:23 am
    never, unless you buy an aftermarket non-scion alarm system...

but i did see a scion tC with horn when locking.. i asked.. he said scion security i was like... BS
    • May 11, 2006 11:32:10 am
    you can do it, but you have to tap into the power for the lights and when the lights turn on you get a relay to turn your horn on, but then your horn is on when your lights are on, or find the wire that gives power to the locks when you push the lock button that would probably be the better of the two.
    • May 11, 2006 1:27:42 pm
    jamessicat25 wrote:
    never, unless you buy an aftermarket non-scion alarm system...

but i did see a scion tC with horn when locking.. i asked.. he said scion security i was like... BS

your right that is b./s lol as I have the scion security on mine and it dont have the beep lol
    • May 12, 2006 8:08:53 am
    Actually it's not bs. I have only the Scion Security, and it twice when I lock and once when I unlock. If I lock it from the door (not with the key) it will be four times, then once I close the door it will beep once.
    • May 12, 2006 9:33:53 am
    what i heard/saw was a horn confirmation.. is that what u have? if so, the guy was telling the truth.....
    • May 12, 2006 10:30:05 am
    Yeah it's the horn. I'm not sure why some do it and some don't. My dealer said he installed it just like it says to.
    • May 12, 2006 10:47:54 am
    maybe your 5 of 1500 who has the release series of scion security that beeps?
    • May 12, 2006 11:39:44 am
    WOW Could I really be that lucky? They should have given me a limited edition # to put on!
    • May 12, 2006 7:14:08 pm
    lol they should have as mine dont beep and im glad lol
    • May 12, 2006 10:35:23 pm
    Scion Security does not beep whatsoever.

whoever tells you that you have it is indeed BS.

there are dealers in the SET area that install aftermarket alarms and claim it as "Scion Security".. but unless you have a led light with microphone in your switch panel that specifically says Scion Security... then you don't have it.
    • Apr 11, 2007 3:52:57 am
    I got the Scion Security installed when I bought my car and I have the light indicator to the left of the steering wheel. I've seen some that have another indicator on the center console (bottom left). Should I have that as well or is that something different?
    • Apr 11, 2007 4:04:32 am
    Yea, the local dealer here claims to have scion security but sends the cars off to their Auto-Electronics shop to install some generic alarm in their cars. I was under the impression that the Scion Security utlitzes the key fob to turn the alarm on and off instead of using a seperate alarm thinger
    • Apr 11, 2007 9:46:18 am
    My alarm system is actually controlled by the Key fob. I just don't know if I'm missing the extra little light in the center console that blinks when the alarm is on. I have one on the left hand side of my steering wheel that blinks but its hard to see from the outside. I'm actually getting my windows tinted today though too so that should help prevent anyone from seeing inside the car.
  • 14 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: