Guest Menu
Forum Utilities
More Maintenance & Repair Threads
Viewing Thread

water pump bearing out at 40K?

• 6 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Feb 19, 2010 4:25:57 pm
    well just today i had my 07 tc in the dealer bc of a groaning noise coming from the belt drive, and BTW it has 41K on it. well they diagnosed it and found out it was the water pump bearing... it was leaking slightly, but nothing major... i do mechanical work myself and have not seen a water pump go out this early, espically a bearing, i had an older car have the alternater bearing go out after 120K, and only bc i had a system in it... just seeing if any of you have had the water pump fail on you aswell...
    • Feb 20, 2010 4:37:33 am
    The water pump being a lifetime part I've not heard or seen anyone talk about this in these forums until now. (normally pumps past well into 200,000 miles on Toyota)

Mechanical parts like all parts of the car are not perfect, and it's possible you just fell into that 2% category of a workmanship failure.
    • Feb 20, 2010 4:42:14 am
    • Edited 1 times, last by TheFantasticG on Feb 20, 2010 4:42:39am.
    Actually, Web's pump went out sooner than expected. Started out with a small leak and whatnot. There's a thread deep in the forums he posted about it.

Since that thread, I've been keeping an eye on mine just incase.
    • Feb 20, 2010 5:43:00 am
    Any part can fail at any time. The water pump is no exception. Actually water pumps are one of the most common repairs on most cars. How long they last depends on things like maintenance and things like was it made on a Monday or Friday.

Monday people are hung over, Friday people are wanting to go home to get drunk.

• Feb 20, 2010 6:43:31 am
    There have been isolated claims of water pumps going out at around 40k miles (Web being one of them) However not a lot of people have had this problem.
    • Aug 09, 2010 11:01:17 am
    My water pump just crapped out on me, it's leaking coolant out of the weep hole under the water pump. My car just turned 40,000 as I pulled it in the garage for it's oil change. I noticed it was wet up near the water pump area so I poked at it and got a wet pink finger lol.
  • 6 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: