Viewing Thread

My check engine light came on my scion tc 2007

• 32 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
    • Feb 22, 2011 4:41:11 pm
    What can be wrong what should i look for
    • Feb 22, 2011 4:42:55 pm
    First off what CEL came on and two did you have the CEL code read at autozone/advance auto and get the PO Code?
    • Feb 22, 2011 4:47:17 pm

This one came on . Auto zone dose that do i just take my car and ask them to check
    • Feb 22, 2011 4:54:07 pm
    • Edited 1 times, last by CadenceScion on Feb 22, 2011 4:57:02pm.
    That would be correct sir! I use to work for autozone back in 2003, the service is free of charge. They'll plug into your OBDII port using an Actron Code Scanner. Autozone will not clear the code for you, its against store/company policy. Ask them for a print out and a summary of the PO Code you get after the scan. Others codes they will not be able to diagnose, those will have to be scanned by the dealer only.
    • Feb 22, 2011 4:56:53 pm
    Should i just take it to mechanics because i was going to go get an oilchange right now should i just ask them tocheck?
    • Feb 22, 2011 5:00:26 pm
    More than likely your mechanic is going to charge you a hook up/diagnostics fee, save yourself some money and have autozone do it for free, then give the code to your mechanic.
    • Feb 22, 2011 5:06:11 pm
    • Edited 1 times, last by Spitfire on Feb 22, 2011 6:34:47pm.
    Duck this sucks do u think it has anything to do with oil change or anything else
    • Feb 22, 2011 5:13:49 pm
    If your over due on an oil change or the oil level is low, that may be why the light is on.
    • Feb 22, 2011 5:16:15 pm
    I am ovet due for an oil change lets hope so
    • Feb 22, 2011 5:17:51 pm
    your best bet is like said above to take your car to autozone or advance auto and have them read your code and tell you what it is. It could be something as simple as you gas cap is not on tight or your gas cap could be bad. If you are over do for an oil change the check engine light would not come on it would be the maintenance light that would come on. Dont stress too much over a check engine light it could be something simple.
    • Feb 22, 2011 5:18:56 pm
    what year is your car and how many miles do you have on it?
    • Feb 22, 2011 5:22:36 pm
    Its a 2007 and it has 57,724
    • Feb 22, 2011 5:27:20 pm
    yeh you have same year and mileage as me. most likely it is something simple. go outside real quick and make sure you gas cap is on and tight. also loosen it and try to close it and see how many times it clicks before it stops because it should click about 3 times only.
    • Feb 22, 2011 5:32:06 pm
    another thing is did you just fill up your tank because if you filled it up too much you might have gotten gas in the evap system. Just throwing some ideas out there but your best bet is get the code read and post on here.
    • Feb 22, 2011 5:32:13 pm
    Like were u put gas really?
    • Feb 22, 2011 5:32:58 pm
    blue wrote:
    your best bet is like said above to take your car to autozone or advance auto and have them read your code and tell you what it is. It could be something as simple as you gas cap is not on tight or your gas cap could be bad. If you are over do for an oil change the check engine light would not come on it would be the maintenance light that would come on. Dont stress too much over a check engine light it could be something simple.

^ Thank you for clearing that up.
    • Feb 22, 2011 5:44:55 pm
    Just did it and it was not it made sure my cap was locked
    • Feb 22, 2011 5:55:48 pm
    Dude... chill man. It's not that big of deal.

First, if it was the gas cap, and you tightened it, it may take a couple of drive cycles to clear. These things aren't magic. Second, just go to Autozone like everyone said. NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY can tell you what is causing the light to come on, unless you have that code #. Usually a P0###. With that number, you can determine what system detected a fault. You do have fairly low miles, but everyone uses/abuses their car differently. So get that code, post it up here, and (we) will let you know what may have caused it.
    • Feb 22, 2011 5:57:09 pm
    I'm pretty sure when your car is in need of an oil change the "Maintenance required" light comes on. Is your car acting any differently than before you noticed your light? Have an after market intake or exhaust/headers?
    • Feb 22, 2011 6:06:01 pm
    I think the whole time I have been signed on you might have been able to go to autozone or advance and might have been able to get the code red and posted on here depending on far you are from the auto parts lol.
  • 32 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Jump to Forum: