Club Scion tC

Guest Menu
New moderators
Within the next day or so, new moderators will be assigned to the site. Please private message me if you are active and interested. - SqMK
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

FR-S rims fit on 2010 scion?

• 13 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Oct 05, 2012 8:20:13 pm
    I know the tires are the same size but do the rims fit?
    • Oct 05, 2012 8:23:34 pm
    stocktc1 wrote:
    I know the tires are the same size but do the rims fit?

2010 tC has a 5x100 bolt pattern
    Looks like the FRS has the same. My guess would be yes, but I can't promise. You could always look up a wheel for the FRS on a website, and then look up the same wheel for the tC and see if it's the same.

Might look cool though
    • Oct 05, 2012 8:44:32 pm
    If you do get a set post a pic. I hate them on the frs but it may look good on a tC
    • Oct 05, 2012 8:58:02 pm
    I found this thread:
    http://clubsciontc.com/fo...-stock-rims-on-tc1-49188/

But doesnt really say if they will fit.
    • Oct 05, 2012 9:52:33 pm
    If they have the same tire size and same bolt pattern, the only thing you need to check is the wheel dimensions

tC1 Wheel
    17x7 +45mm Bore 54.1
    Source ebay

FR-S Wheel
    17x7 +48mm Bore 56.1
    Source ebay

The difference is an offset of 3mm, which means the FR-S wheels will sit slightly recessed. Not a big deal, that is a tenth of an inch, if you want a flush fit, you will need spacers, but you would need those anyways!

The Bore difference is 1mm thickness you will need a set of 56.1 to 54.1 Hubcentric Rings should be able to find them on your favorite site, but this sit has really good pictures (and I like yellow). You MUST get a set of these, they look like dumb little plastic rings but they are hugely important!!

Even though I believe the above information to be accurate, I still can't be arsed to fact check everything myself. I would strongly suggest you recheck with the person/business you are buying from, if they cannot verify this info, you should not buy from them!
    • Oct 09, 2012 2:57:13 pm
    I need to purchase spacers and also rings?

Would a regular tire shop have these items or be able to easily obtain them same day?
    • Oct 09, 2012 11:30:43 pm
    • Edited 1 times, last by Chasmyr on Oct 09, 2012 11:31:47pm.
    Actually you would have to choose between spacers and Hubcentric rings. Spacers are a poor option and I do not recommend them, if you want to get a very flush fit, you should buy a proper wheel. Go with the Hubcentric rings and forget the spacers. A wheel shop should be able to help you with the hubcentric rings, many shops will not touch spacers, or vehicles with spacers.
    • Oct 11, 2012 12:19:49 pm
    Is this a common thing to do? Can I bring the rings to a chain tire shop like Sears?
    • Oct 20, 2012 11:58:06 am
    The TC OEM rims look stronger/more durable than the FR-S rims. I guess for the FR-s they tried to make the car as light as possible. Is it a good idea to put FR-s rims on the Scion TC1? Is the car too heavy or just imagining things?
    • Oct 20, 2012 12:49:39 pm
    stocktc1 wrote:
    The TC OEM rims look stronger/more durable than the FR-S rims. I guess for the FR-s they tried to make the car as light as possible. Is it a good idea to put FR-s rims on the Scion TC1? Is the car too heavy or just imagining things?

I doubt many people have done it, if anyone. The FR-S weighs about 150bs less than the tC1, so the wheels will be just fine.
    • Oct 20, 2012 1:24:41 pm
    I see. Thanks for the information. Do you know if major tire places would install my rims if I provided the rings? Still looking at a good place to buy the rings.
    • Oct 20, 2012 9:19:22 pm
    whats your location?
    • Oct 20, 2012 10:02:12 pm
    Socal. Cant even find the rings online except that one site listed above that doesnt even list us dollars...
Tags: 2010 fit fr on rims s scion
  • 13 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: