Club Scion tC

Guest Menu
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

FR-S rims fit on 2010 scion?

• 13 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Oct 05, 2012 8:20:13 pm
    I know the tires are the same size but do the rims fit?
    • Oct 05, 2012 8:23:34 pm
    stocktc1 wrote:
    I know the tires are the same size but do the rims fit?

2010 tC has a 5x100 bolt pattern
    Looks like the FRS has the same. My guess would be yes, but I can't promise. You could always look up a wheel for the FRS on a website, and then look up the same wheel for the tC and see if it's the same.

Might look cool though
    • Oct 05, 2012 8:44:32 pm
    If you do get a set post a pic. I hate them on the frs but it may look good on a tC
    • Oct 05, 2012 8:58:02 pm
    I found this thread:
    http://clubsciontc.com/fo...-stock-rims-on-tc1-49188/

But doesnt really say if they will fit.
    • Oct 05, 2012 9:52:33 pm
    If they have the same tire size and same bolt pattern, the only thing you need to check is the wheel dimensions

tC1 Wheel
    17x7 +45mm Bore 54.1
    Source ebay

FR-S Wheel
    17x7 +48mm Bore 56.1
    Source ebay

The difference is an offset of 3mm, which means the FR-S wheels will sit slightly recessed. Not a big deal, that is a tenth of an inch, if you want a flush fit, you will need spacers, but you would need those anyways!

The Bore difference is 1mm thickness you will need a set of 56.1 to 54.1 Hubcentric Rings should be able to find them on your favorite site, but this sit has really good pictures (and I like yellow). You MUST get a set of these, they look like dumb little plastic rings but they are hugely important!!

Even though I believe the above information to be accurate, I still can't be arsed to fact check everything myself. I would strongly suggest you recheck with the person/business you are buying from, if they cannot verify this info, you should not buy from them!
    • Oct 09, 2012 2:57:13 pm
    I need to purchase spacers and also rings?

Would a regular tire shop have these items or be able to easily obtain them same day?
    • Oct 09, 2012 11:30:43 pm
    • Edited 1 times, last by Chasmyr on Oct 09, 2012 11:31:47pm.
    Actually you would have to choose between spacers and Hubcentric rings. Spacers are a poor option and I do not recommend them, if you want to get a very flush fit, you should buy a proper wheel. Go with the Hubcentric rings and forget the spacers. A wheel shop should be able to help you with the hubcentric rings, many shops will not touch spacers, or vehicles with spacers.
    • Oct 11, 2012 12:19:49 pm
    Is this a common thing to do? Can I bring the rings to a chain tire shop like Sears?
    • Oct 20, 2012 11:58:06 am
    The TC OEM rims look stronger/more durable than the FR-S rims. I guess for the FR-s they tried to make the car as light as possible. Is it a good idea to put FR-s rims on the Scion TC1? Is the car too heavy or just imagining things?
    • Oct 20, 2012 12:49:39 pm
    stocktc1 wrote:
    The TC OEM rims look stronger/more durable than the FR-S rims. I guess for the FR-s they tried to make the car as light as possible. Is it a good idea to put FR-s rims on the Scion TC1? Is the car too heavy or just imagining things?

I doubt many people have done it, if anyone. The FR-S weighs about 150bs less than the tC1, so the wheels will be just fine.
    • Oct 20, 2012 1:24:41 pm
    I see. Thanks for the information. Do you know if major tire places would install my rims if I provided the rings? Still looking at a good place to buy the rings.
    • Oct 20, 2012 9:19:22 pm
    whats your location?
    • Oct 20, 2012 10:02:12 pm
    Socal. Cant even find the rings online except that one site listed above that doesnt even list us dollars...
  • 13 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: