Forum Utilities
More Forced Induction: Turbos and Superchargers Threads
Viewing Thread

turbo (stock engine)

• 22 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
    • Nov 10, 2010 6:28:45 pm
    i want to turbo my car and ive been looking at dezod and ptunning kits and the only aftermarket parts i have on my tc is a borla axle back exhaust i was wondering if i could even run a turbo on my tc and it be a safe dd with out and engine mods any help will be appreciated.
    • Nov 10, 2010 6:46:45 pm
    please search there is a ton of info on this site about it.
    • Nov 10, 2010 7:30:51 pm
    sry new to this just trying to get some help
    • Nov 10, 2010 7:42:43 pm
    we love to help, but you should always use the search in the forums to see if it's already been asked or you may find ur answer. And there is ALOT of turbo threads you could check out. If you can't find what ur lookin for then feel free to ask.
    • Nov 10, 2010 8:55:10 pm
    idk if u ask me its always good to bring back threads idk why u guys get mad about it u would have to change the piston and rods if am correct
    • Nov 10, 2010 10:00:23 pm
    rly i just wanted to run around 8-10 psi
    • Nov 10, 2010 11:05:56 pm
    well its better just to get the pistons and rods am not boost but i heard it from other people but if am corecct with i dnt think so i think it culd holt up to 300 to 350 hp stock
    • Nov 11, 2010 5:29:58 am
    you will have no problem running 8-9 pounds of boost, but 10+, you should do some internals to make the motor last
    • Nov 11, 2010 12:35:58 pm
    what would i have to do internaly to run 10psi
    • Nov 11, 2010 4:17:27 pm
    pistons, and headwork, like valvesprings bigger valves and would also recommend cams for smoother boosting and acceleration
    • Nov 11, 2010 5:11:25 pm
    yes you can boost a bone stock motor and safely run around 10psi of boost with no issues. i've had my car boosted since summer of 2006 and i've put almost 40,000 miles on the car with the turbo on it. everything still works great and i haven't been easy on it.

everytime i drive the car it gets the tires blown off at least once or twice and i've made tons of dragstrip runs on it in the past. just get a good tune on it and it will be fine.
    • Nov 11, 2010 5:16:35 pm
    what kit are you running
    • Nov 11, 2010 5:55:17 pm
    greddytc05 wrote:
    yes you can boost a bone stock motor and safely run around 10psi of boost with no issues. i've had my car boosted since summer of 2006 and i've put almost 40,000 miles on the car with the turbo on it. everything still works great and i haven't been easy on it.

everytime i drive the car it gets the tires blown off at least once or twice and i've made tons of dragstrip runs on it in the past. just get a good tune on it and it will be fine.

I'm not sayin you can't run stock on 10 pounds of boost, but most people I talk to that build boosted motors say it's better to do those upgrades so you don't pop something internally.
    • Nov 11, 2010 6:26:00 pm
    xcessivenoize wrote:
    greddytc05 wrote:

Oh yeah I wasn't disagreeing with you or anything. If I could afford to I'd be putting rods and pistons in my car just so I could run more boost. I was just saying that it is possible to run that boost level and using my car as an example. Wasn't trying to say anyone was wrong or anything. Lol

I've got the Greddy kit from when it first came out.

I'm not sayin you can't run stock on 10 pounds of boost, but most people I talk to that build boosted motors say it's better to do those upgrades so you don't pop something internally.
    • Nov 11, 2010 6:29:46 pm
    Ok just realized I put my responce into the quote by accident. That's what I get for doing it by phone. Lol
    • Nov 11, 2010 7:09:53 pm
    Of course you can, is it safe? thats up to you haha..
    • Nov 12, 2010 1:27:33 pm
    i dnt have any clue if its safe or not thats why im askin
    • Nov 12, 2010 6:14:55 pm
    i need the info
    • Nov 12, 2010 7:24:53 pm
    from the millions of other threads like yours that you would find if you looked under the FORCED INDUCTION SECTION.

here is your answer:

you can.

could something go wrong? of course, engines are not perfect. There have been stories of people blowing something and then there have been plenty of people who have lived happily ever after for a while until something had to be replace.

Bottom line: learn to read. learn to search. and pray your actually smart enough to actually look into this.
  • 22 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Jump to Forum: