Forum Utilities
More Forced Induction: Turbos and Superchargers Threads
Viewing Thread

turbo...an awesome thread title that says it all

• 27 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
    • Apr 01, 2011 5:08:00 pm
    okay... so im buying a turbo kit for my 08 tc... i dont have the money for e manage yet do you think i could trick the ecu to handle only like 4 or 5 pounds of boost without e manage, also can the stock intake manifold handle it?
    • Apr 01, 2011 5:21:57 pm
    I would not. I would just wait till I could afford the e-manage or find one here that is used for pretty cheap.
    • Apr 01, 2011 5:30:27 pm
    I agree. If you cannot afford the emanage or equivalent, do not install it yet, you probably can't afford a new engine, either.
    • Apr 01, 2011 5:38:24 pm
    True... at what point do i need to change my intake manifold?

• Apr 01, 2011 5:40:26 pm
    You dont need to change the intake manifold unless your going to start a serious build for mad horsepower..... My suggestion is do ALOT more research before boosting. you can never know too much.
    • Apr 03, 2011 12:07:32 pm
    mospeedtc wrote:
    You dont need to change the intake manifold unless your going to start a serious build for mad horsepower..... My suggestion is do ALOT more research before boosting. you can never know too much.

I mean i have had turbo'd cars in the past so i know about them, how they work, what they can do to your motor, and what not.... its just i didnt know about our intake manifold since it was plastic kind of... and my friend pointed out to me that our ecu could handle boost without e manage i just didnt know if anyone has done it on very low boost without e manage is all i was really wondering
    • Apr 03, 2011 12:14:55 pm
    you can run the car without the emanage just dont go into to much boost....im not saying that its safe just saying you can do it hahhaha before i had my car tune i was driving the car without the emanage for two days
    • Apr 03, 2011 12:24:46 pm
    i mean i would probably put like 4 lbs until i got e man and tune. but it would be like that for maybe at most 4 weeks?
    • Apr 03, 2011 12:37:57 pm
    • Edited 1 times, last by Turbo_tC08 on Apr 03, 2011 12:38:14pm.
    Whatever you do, DO NOT go into BOOST! Your cars factory ecu is programmed for the stock injectors so your never really going to get the right fuel delivery for the amount of air your going to put into those cylinders. If you don't have the money and already have a turbo installed, I would just keep your eye glued to that boost gauge and never go into boost! Your going to cause damage to your engine. If you have not installed your turbo kit, you should definitly wait until you have all the necessary parts and get this tuned the right way! Be patient!!
    • Apr 04, 2011 6:12:54 pm
    Turbo_tC08 wrote:
    Whatever you do, DO NOT go into BOOST! Your cars factory ecu is programmed for the stock injectors so your never really going to get the right fuel delivery for the amount of air your going to put into those cylinders. If you don't have the money and already have a turbo installed, I would just keep your eye glued to that boost gauge and never go into boost! Your going to cause damage to your engine. If you have not installed your turbo kit, you should definitly wait until you have all the necessary parts and get this tuned the right way! Be patient!!

yeah this is what i decided to do.. cause im getting sponsored by greddy anyways soo it wont matter either way ill just wait
    • Apr 04, 2011 6:14:55 pm
    Edgdro2 wrote:
    yeah this is what i decided to do.. cause im getting sponsored by greddy anyways soo it wont matter either way ill just wait

REEAAAAAAALLLLLYYYY?? Why would Greddy sponsor you?
    • Apr 04, 2011 6:24:29 pm
    • Edited 1 times, last by Edgdro2 on Apr 04, 2011 6:24:48pm.
    Orin wrote:
    Edgdro2 wrote:

REEAAAAAAALLLLLYYYY?? Why would Greddy sponsor you?

Because they liked my car.. and I go to shows and races all the time.... Im also sponsored by mobile1 and decals.com
    • Apr 04, 2011 6:27:16 pm
    oh I see.....

so maybe if I parade my car in front of Greddy and go to car shows all the time I will pick them up as a sponsor?! It's THAT EASY!!!!?????????

Holy cow, where have I been all this time?! Why aren't other people being sponsored like you?! Your awesomeness must be like totally off the scale!!
    • Apr 04, 2011 6:39:51 pm
    my buddy ran a turbo kit without a emanage for a few weeks..his motor lived to tell but it ran like crap.

I really dont want to sound like an ahole,but you need to take that stripe off your car.
    • Apr 04, 2011 6:57:31 pm
    • Edited 1 times, last by BLACKEDOUT on Apr 04, 2011 6:57:44pm.
    FastEddiestC wrote:
    I really dont want to sound like an ahole,but you need to take that stripe off your car.

He can't Greddy likes it!
    • Apr 04, 2011 8:59:33 pm
    ^yeah and you know he gets sick points for those stock wheels yo!
    • Apr 04, 2011 9:57:53 pm
    • Edited 2 times, last by SqMK on Apr 04, 2011 9:59:28pm.
    Edgdro2 wrote:

Not quite sure if that is true or not. Who is your contact at over at GReddy?

You'll need a piggy back to tune, even at 4/5 psi.

Stock intake manifold is perfectly fine. Handled 20psi for me.
    • Apr 04, 2011 11:47:42 pm
    Anyone remembers the ZPI stage 0 kits? I forgot how many psi they ran (i think 6, or 5), but they didn't required any kind of management or even a ecu reflash. I remembering reading some forums on SL, about owners review of the kit, and some had be running over 15k without a problem.

So idk, but it's not my car..
    • Apr 05, 2011 9:17:46 am
    i ran 5 pounds on a stock ecu for about a month had no problems, never ever went into boost tho
    • Apr 14, 2011 12:18:30 pm
    I would not recommend running boost without management. I tried it for about 2 weeks on 5 psi, luckily didn't blow anything up, but the car ran like complete shit. Just save up and get a FIC + injectors. For most people's goals, 550cc will do. As for the intake manifold, dont worry about it. Im still running stock intake manifold on 400+whp and 20psi
  • 27 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Jump to Forum: