Guest Menu
Forum Utilities
More Exterior Styling Threads
Viewing Thread

Changing Side Mirror bulbs

• 15 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Oct 06, 2009 7:48:28 am
    I got an idea but not sure if it might work but here are the steps to do (If capable) to change the lights inside the side mirrors:

First off, I saw some lights on Onzium.com some Pre-wired SuperFlux 4-chip. From the reviews and how it looks it looks official. Now what I plan on doing is opening up my side mirror cut the wire that connects to the OEM bulb and connect it with the SuperFlux. Then getting 3mm tape and getting a base to put the lights so they won't be floating around inside the mirror. The base i was going to use those straps that come with the holes in them that are on belts, so you wont steal them from the store, and put the wires through the holes and then using that 3mm double sided tape and taping it somewhere abouts the inside.

Its a little plan that i was thinking in my head but won't know if it would work and dont wanna mess up my mirror and then not have a turn signal no more..lol

What ya think about it?

P.S. Like i said before its just a thought i havent done it so if something is wrong or won't work, opinions or suggestions is what i made this for.
    • Oct 06, 2009 11:30:18 am
    • Edited 5 times, last by tCLinoge on Oct 06, 2009 11:37:34am.
    it won't work.

you need to talk to O5_TRD_tC
    • Oct 06, 2009 12:31:24 pm
    There are LEDs in the mirros now -
    you will have to remove the mirror covers to get to the housing, you will also have cut the housing to remove and replace them.
    I have done this - it is not difficult, but takes time and patience and the correct LEDs
    • Dec 11, 2009 11:51:00 am
    or you can buy from oznium... a new side mirror light for 50 bucks and has superflux technology with diferrent colors and you could also have tint on them. sold as pair too! as soon as they are done with quality control im going to buy the white set.
    • Dec 11, 2009 12:18:23 pm
    fyi, oznium took them off the market back in JANUARY after a few weeks of it being released. i wouldn't hold your breath for them to re-release them. it's been almost a year.

better to just DIY
    • Dec 11, 2009 12:51:45 pm
    DIY it will last unlike oznium's products

• Dec 11, 2009 1:25:55 pm
    oooooh I like that last pic how did you do that, and x2 to oznium not releasing them.
    • Dec 11, 2009 1:58:06 pm
    Thanks!, its my version of side mirrors that I created.
    • Dec 11, 2009 2:17:11 pm
    05trdtc, how much u want to do mine like that last pic?

And is red illegial on the blinkers?
    Also if I drive without them while getting led swap could I get in trouble?
    • Dec 11, 2009 3:07:47 pm
    • Edited 1 times, last by Euphorian on Dec 11, 2009 3:09:21pm.
    No not as long as u have rear blinkers- I want my signals done too ! How much?
    • Dec 11, 2009 3:25:47 pm
    I have done red before, please check your own state for legal issues.

Also GMC trucks do have red LED arrows but those are behind the mirrors.

• Dec 11, 2009 3:28:09 pm
    How much tho
    • Dec 11, 2009 3:28:30 pm
    • Edited 1 times, last by O5_TRD_tC on Dec 11, 2009 3:29:43pm.
    PM's sent

I also have spare mirror lamps that can be send first. That way you dont have to drive around while holes in your car. (Note: a deposit will needed for return insurance)
    • Dec 11, 2009 6:56:24 pm
    oh nice... i should look into that for my tC
    • Dec 11, 2009 9:46:10 pm
    hummm, I might inquire about that, it looks kinda messy to swap out, you know with the dremel and stuff. But I like those custom led rows. As far as the red color, I think most states would have a problem with that, the only color that can face rear is red and amber, the only colors alowed toward the front are white and amber. So it would be a risk.
  • 15 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: