Guest Menu
Forum Utilities
More Engine Mods Threads
Viewing Thread

scion tc anti-fouler

• 13 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Nov 21, 2006 9:56:58 pm
    If any one has a check engine light because they put headers on i found anti-foulers!!

I need to pay to be a sponsor.
    • Nov 22, 2006 5:18:58 am
    Why would you spend 15$ when you can get it for 3.99 and a drill bit for 3.99 at Autozone and make it yourself? Plus, you have the satisfaction of doing your own work on your car. OH, if they are only selling that one, it won't work. You need to have one drilled out and another with the small hole threaded into it and then the O2 sensor in that. Just that one antifouler will still make the light come on. Don't be fooled.
    • Nov 22, 2006 6:15:38 am
    I put it on my scion and it works. It not worth doing yourself!
    • Nov 22, 2006 6:17:17 am
    To all their own.
    • Nov 22, 2006 5:34:05 pm
    Web wrote:
    Why would you spend 15$ when you can get it for 3.99 and a drill bit for 3.99 at Autozone and make it yourself? Plus, you have the satisfaction of doing your own work on your car. OH, if they are only selling that one, it won't work. You need to have one drilled out and another with the small hole threaded into it and then the O2 sensor in that. Just that one antifouler will still make the light come on. Don't be fooled.

agreed, but the drill bit is more like $15 for the cobalt tipped, only one that really works

• Nov 22, 2006 6:30:01 pm
    I melted the hell out of a titanium tipped one I got for 3.99 at Autozone. It was dead afterwards, but lasted for what I needed it.
    • Nov 22, 2006 6:35:41 pm
    i hate to say this but go to lowes and get the drill bit and do it yourself.

• Nov 22, 2006 6:55:31 pm
    ^^Agreed.
    • Nov 25, 2006 8:35:10 pm
    sounds like u guys r broke lol
    • Nov 26, 2006 7:58:21 am
    thats why we own scions if we had money we all b riding around in wrxs and evos lol
    • Nov 26, 2006 8:05:20 am
    Not broke, but we'd like to use our money for something more worthwhile that we couldn't make ourselves in 15 minutes. That's all.
    • Nov 26, 2006 8:11:18 am
    You said it is longer than the pic shows right? Is the hole at the bottom very small? B/c if it is, then I can see it working, but if it's a wide hole, then it won't be much longer before your CEL comes on.

• Jul 06, 2010 1:33:36 pm
    • Edited 1 times, last by mgesualdo86 on Jul 06, 2010 1:38:23pm.
    Hey everyone I know this is off subject I just wanted someone to see my post and not really sure how to blog on this thing.I just made an account here because i am at my wits end with this stupid car issue. My check engine light has been on since about 70,000. I have 110,000 now. The code comes up p0420 which is the Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1. I did some searching around and found a few people claiming its either the rear O2 sensor, the front O2 sensor (or A/F sensor??), or the catalytic converter. everything i read from people with my car turned out to be the cat. Last year i did the whole disconnect my batt. and drive it for 50 miles the cel didnt come back on and all my sensors reset and i passed smog. This year, not so much. I did the same thing and im at about 90 miles and still no cel, but the catalyst and evap sensor still havent turned back on. so no pass on the smog. I just need one more to reset and ill be ok. I have to register my car in like three days and i just dont know what to do. I dont really have the money now to get a whole new cat put in (not under warrenty anymore). ive heard of this anti fouler thing. I have no idea what it is, where to get it, and how to do it, and if it would even help in my case to pass smog. if anyone has any suggestions for me i would greatly appreciate it. thank you
  • 13 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: