Club Scion tC

Guest Menu
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

Fuel Pressure Regulator

• 12 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Aug 27, 2008 2:47:24 am
    so i stuck my hand in the cookie jar and im gonna spend the money so y not do it right the first time.

how does one instal a FPR such as aeromotive A1000-6, on the tc w/ a stock fuel rail? is it even possible?

some turbo guru help me out here pls
    • Aug 27, 2008 4:07:09 am
    you will need to make a return fuel system. well you dont have to but i recommend it. it does not go on your rail but before your rail. you will have to make custom fuel lines, one in the regulator and one out and into a fuel line.

• Aug 27, 2008 4:55:09 am
    I would recommend the return setup so that excess fuel pressure can be "vented" back into that line rather than have that pressure restricted in the main fuel line.
    • Aug 27, 2008 10:02:50 am
    but what im trying to figure out is, if the main rail only has 1 line coming to it...cant i just upgrade the the fuel pump and have the EMS control everything and do the rest of the work w/ tuning?
    • Aug 27, 2008 10:05:31 am
    You only need the one line going into the fuel rail. But with all the work you are doing you will probably want a custom fuel rail anyways. The return line would branch off before reaching the rail. I would advise making the return system as Carcandy and Web suggested. It will put less strain on the system since the extra fuel will have somewhere to go when not being used.
    • Aug 27, 2008 10:55:52 am
    ya i was told about this.. just like the is300's we dont have a fuel regulator the shop told me theyd pretty much make me one but what are the benefits of having this?
    • Aug 27, 2008 3:35:53 pm
    During full boost, you need maximum pressure for maximum performance. But, when you let off and the rpms drop below boost levels and vacuum kicks in, less fuel is required. With only one line in and being controlled by fuel maps, the ecu regulates the fuel pump and how much pressure to run in the lines. Running a pressure regulator gives you manual adjustment capability continuously along with a safety catch that will manually release pressure back to the fuel take via the return line.

It can be looked at being a refinement for a good tune. Rather than only relying on the ecu to change the fuel pressures, the manual pressure regulator can allow you to have multiple adjustment levels depending upon the fuel map settings.
    • Aug 27, 2008 4:00:47 pm
    well i understand the consept of the FPR and how it works, how its built, thats all good stuff and good info.

But, what i want to do to my car is to have 3 different boost settings, 6, 12, and 18

i want to be able to change the boost from in cabine using my AEM boost controller, from 6 to 18 if i wanted to or maybe just 12, or any combination of changes such as: 6-12, 6-18, 12-18, 12-6, u get the point.

so with this in mind can some1 explain if i would realy need a fuel rail w/ a return, or should i just use the AEM EMS to control the fuel w/ an upgraded walbro fuel pump 225lph

for those not knowing what im building, here is a more detail look at things:
    CP 8.5:1 Pistons
    sleeved block
    manly turbo tuff rods
    brian crower stage 2 turbo cams
    complete valvetrain
    turbonetics kit
    AEM water injection
    PTuning 3" complete exhaust
    of course other things are also on this list but i dont need to explain that
    • Aug 27, 2008 4:03:22 pm
    well you need to have 3 deferent tunes for each psi setting.
    • Aug 27, 2008 4:05:09 pm
    thats what i most likely figured, 3 maps and everytime i want to change i have to bust out the laptop and load it

but i was talking to my friend who is AEM master certified, and he told me 1 base map is needed
    • Aug 27, 2008 4:08:59 pm
    well base map is a start, if you dont want your motor going boom you will need 3 deferent tunes.
    • Aug 27, 2008 4:10:13 pm
    thats what i thought, but can u tell me how u know, i see the FMIC on ur box but do u have any knowledge or experience, i'd to know if the info is coming from a reliable source, idk whos smart or whos talking outta their a$$'s on here
  • 12 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: