Guest Menu
Forum Utilities
More DIYs (Do it Yourself) by CStC Members Threads
Viewing Thread

Resetting Power Window Computer

• 9 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Sep 27, 2004 11:58:31 am
    This is in the users manual but it-s still nice to have a DIY here for people to see so they-re aware of this problem before it happens and don-t FREAK OUT like I did... After you remove your door panels and put them back on the car, or disconnect and reconnect your battery, OR lose power to your interior some other way, your power windows WILL NOT WORK CORRECTLY. You won-t be able to roll the pasengers side window down with the drivers side button, and your auto up / auto down functions won-t work like they-re supposed to on either side of the car either. The instructions for fixing this are in your users manual. Basically what you have to do is get someone to help you. The driver can still roll his window up and down with the switch (although you might have to push it all the way - ala usually auto up / down - to get it to go up/down), and the passenger can roll his window up/down with his switch. One or more of the lights on the switches will be blinking after you reconnect the door panels and start the car. This is normal and indicates that your window computer will need to be reset. To reset the window computer, get someone to help you. Turn the car off, and then turn the key to the ACCESSORY position. Wait a few seconds and you and your passenger must roll both windows about half-way down (at the same time), and then wait for a second, and roll them all the way up while STILL PRESSING THE WINDOW UP BUTTON AFTER THEY CLOSE FOR ATLEAST 2 SECONDS. You-ll basically be rolling the windows up even though they-re already up for 2 seconds. After 2 seconds, let them go. The compuer will reset and the lights on the buttons on either side of the car should stop blinking. Turn the car off and back on (or to Accessory) position and you should be able to operate all windows like normal. If this doesn-t work, consult your user manual for exact instructions. If you STILL can-t do it, the user manual suggests that you see your dealer.
    • Nov 15, 2004 12:55:49 pm
    This is great info !!!! I was experiencing this problem after the windows roll up and venting alarm feature was installed in my car. I will go try this and see if this works.
    • Dec 08, 2004 7:59:00 pm
    I was wondering if you got your window working after the window computer reset. my passenger door seems to be getting no power --- this happened during an alarm installation.
    • Dec 09, 2004 11:09:47 am
    I had a problem with mine after getting an alarm installed. I also got window rolldown. They had to order new master switches or something.. im still waiting for the dealer to get them.
    • Dec 30, 2004 4:53:14 pm
    I had this same problem after disconnecting the battery when i put my sterio system in. Iwas freakin out but a few days later i fixed it. i fixed it on accident, all i did was turned key to run position and pushed the passenger window down all the way then rolled it back up then both windows worked fine.
    • Dec 30, 2004 5:21:12 pm
    -levina- wrote:
    I was wondering if you got your window working after the window computer reset. my passenger door seems to be getting no power --- this happened during an alarm installation.
    Well....Yes and no. After the windows were reset, I can control both sides of the windows from the driver-s side console no problem. But oncemy wife start to user her windows control, kiss my control good bye !! To top this off, if I want control on the passenger side, I have to do this windows reset every time, to me it isn-t worthfit. When I asked the installer, they check direct electronics and that is the only way (according to direct electronics) to do windows venting for the clifford alarm.I guess I will wait on a bit more new information later from direct electronics to see if they have a fix for this later on. For now I can live with this very small problem.
    • Apr 12, 2005 6:55:53 am
    I just put components in my tC and now my drivers side window will not work. The passenger side works, but nothing on the driver. The lever for my window *driver* blinks and the passenger *on driver side* is solid, but nothing is working. I can-t roll down the window to reset it, did anyone else have this problem??? (and if so....HELP!)
    • Apr 12, 2005 7:43:00 pm
    -aceturnedjoker- wrote:
    I just put components in my tC and now my drivers side window will not work. The passenger side works, but nothing on the driver. The lever for my window *driver* blinks and the passenger *on driver side* is solid, but nothing is working. I can-t roll down the window to reset it, did anyone else have this problem??? (and if so....HELP!)
    Is the window lock down?
    • Apr 12, 2005 8:29:43 pm
    lol, the dealership asked me the same question. The window lock is not down. Here is the problemDriver side locks - Both don-t work Passenger side locks - Works (both auto and man.)Me (the driver) can not roll down my window nor the passenger from my (driver) panel. The driver window button also blinks twice, then a second of nothing, then blinks again. The fuse is not blown and disconnecting the power didn-t work either....any help???
  • 9 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: