Guest Menu
Forum Utilities
More Anything Goes Threads
Viewing Thread

Tire Pressure light?????

• 15 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Dec 06, 2007 11:09:29 am
    Whats up club. Aight last night around here in maryland it snowed, not nothing heavy just maybe 2inches. So after work, i parked my car and left it until the next morning when i was on my way to work. When i turned my car on to let it warm up and while i was brushing the snow and ice off, i saw that my tire light was on. I checked my tires everythin checked out to be fine. Tried to rest it and it only blinks three times and comes back on. Any suggestions???
    • Dec 06, 2007 11:26:42 am
    Your pressure may be a little low, and with the extra cold weather, it may be putting it past that threshold where the warning light is being triggered. Did you actually measure the pressure to see if its accurate, or did you just give it the visual observation test? Tires at the correct pressure, and 10lbs of pressure higher or lower then normal can look virtually the same.
    • Dec 06, 2007 11:35:28 am
    yea i jus look and pushed on em. Whats the pressure suppose to be.
    • Dec 06, 2007 2:17:49 pm
    stock wheels on 17's are supposed to be 51psi
    • Dec 06, 2007 2:21:33 pm
    ^^ that's the maximum pressure the tires can handle, not the recommended pressure for the car. You can't go by what is written on the tire. Look on your inside driver's side door panel. It lists the pressure there. It's like mid thirties.
    • Dec 06, 2007 8:17:35 pm
    FrAnkRYzzO wrote:
    ^^ that's the maximum pressure the tires can handle, not the recommended pressure for the car. You can't go by what is written on the tire. Look on your inside driver's side door panel. It lists the pressure there. It's like mid thirties.

well what about for those of us that that have aftermarket rims on low profile tires? All this time ive been putting in the max psi...
    My light is always on but i just shrugged it off and figured it was cause i had aftermaket rims....
    who knows what the tire pressure on the stock enkei (god i wish i could get my grubby lil hands on a set of those!!) rims are?
    • Dec 07, 2007 4:22:49 am
    I have the stock enkei's and i run 36 up front and 32 in the rear.
    • Dec 07, 2007 7:25:34 am
    Is the tire pressure sensor in the tire or in those little caps? Because I took them off and put chrome ones on, so I dont know if that effects the tire pressure system.
    • Dec 07, 2007 7:28:22 am
    Not in the caps. Not sure exactly how it works, but it has nothing to do with the caps or the valve stems. I would assume that the sensor is not in the tires themselves, but rather something that determines if the car is level and how it rides.
    • Dec 07, 2007 10:10:31 pm
    the recommended pressure for all tires is around 35lbs. i use to work for sears and that is what they always had us put in all tires.

i don't think my tire pressure warning light works. i've had my tires all the way down to 18lbs. at the drag strip and it never blinked.
    • Dec 08, 2007 1:27:30 am
    depending on what year your car is.. there are two types of tire pressure systems out there... '06 and below go off the ABS.

also... pressures are 32/29 front/rear.... it's on the car itself, on a sticker in the door jam.. as well is in your owners manual.
    • Dec 08, 2007 5:32:18 am
    the same exact thing happened to my car as well and i was freaking out since i had to drive my bf to the hospital with it. It made me nervous since I know how fast my tires go flat when the light goes on, but i hit the button inside the glovebox and it hasnt gone off since!
    • Dec 08, 2007 5:52:41 am
    SquallLHeart wrote:
    depending on what year your car is.. there are two types of tire pressure systems out there... '06 and below go off the ABS.

also... pressures are 32/29 front/rear.... it's on the car itself, on a sticker in the door jam.. as well is in your owners manual.

Thanks for clearing up how the system works for me

Is that pressure just for the stocks, cuz I have the 18" upgrades?
    • Dec 08, 2007 10:50:49 am
    no its basically for everything.
    • Dec 09, 2007 8:08:18 am
    Yea i took care of that yesterday. I was had 25 in the front and 20 in the back, then i put 32/29 and the light went off. Thats was easy enuff
  • 15 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: